Artisan Grains Wholegrain Freekeh 200g
Wholegrain Freekeh are young grains of wheat that are harvested at their nutritional peak and lightly toasted. The grains are not cracked and remain whole. With a nutty taste, wholesome texture and hint of smokiness, Wholegrain Freekeh makes a flavourful alternative to rice, couscous and bulgur wheat.
- Low GI/low insulin response (good for diabetics)
- High in Fibre (up to 4 times more than Brown rice!)
- High in Protein (Approx. 60% higher than rice)
- Higher in Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium & iron compared to rice and pasta
- All natural, free from any chemicals
- Rich in Prebiotic properties
- GMO free
How to cook Freekeh
- Pour 100g Wholegrain Freekeh and 600ml of water into a saucepan.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Stir, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Drain excess water and use hot, or allow to cool and use warm or cold
100% Cracked, roasted green wheat.